Last Wednesday I shared the story of altering my Mom’s wedding dress. I had the sleeves and neckline removed which left me with a decent amount of fabric. I was determined to repurpose the chiffon and lace material. It took awhile to strategically plan it out, but in the end I was able to make the flower sash, hair piece, garter and I also made my Mom’s floral bousage. And just enough left over for a special ornament.
I used a variety of techniques to make each flower. The most “technical” technique consisted of pinching, twisting and scrunching fabric until it looked like a flower. Then using my thread and needle to sew the flower to maintain it’s shape. Flowers number 3 and 5 (from left to right) were created using this technique. I used this technique for flowers 1,2 and 6. The fourth flower was created using this technique.