Planning your wedding, without a doubt, can be extremely overwhelming. Finding your wedding style can be so fun, but where do you start? I believe finding inspiration photos is the best way to identify your wedding day style. Find photos you are drawn to and make notes what you love and like about them. Pin the photos; if you haven’t met Pinterest, please introduce yourself now. You’re welcome. If you’re finance’ is interested, encourage him to do the same. There are some really awesome ways to incorporate you guys’ taste into the day too. Superheroes? Cigar bar? Sports? It’s just not all about the Bride anymore. Sorry, Ladies!
Once you (and possibly your finance’) have your inspiration photos, compare the photos. Find items that are similar to help guide you to your style. What keywords would yo use to describe your photos? Write them down and make a list. If you’re lucky enough, you may find that one inspiration photo to get you started. Here’s the one inspiration photo that got me started:
And here was the outcome (at least with the dresses):
Photo: Mark Schlanser Dresses By: Pretty Maids
Wondering where to find those inspiring photos? Here are a few of my favorite wedding blogs I used to help plan my wedding. I still find myself visiting these sites just to check in on the wedding scene and swoon over some gorgeous weddings.
- Style Me Pretty – you will instantly fall in love
- 100 Layer Cake – beautiful photos and inspiration
- Weddingbee – a bunch of brides-to-be blogging along the way
- The Knot Blog – you have probably heard of The Knot, but did you know they have a blog?
- Snippet & Ink – more weddings to swoon over
- The Perfect Palette – need help finding the perfect color scheme? This blog can help!
- Martha Stewart Weddings – it’s Martha. What else needs to be said?
- Once Wed – another great site to find inspiration. But, get this- you can buy and sell used wedding dresses for free.
- Kiss The Groom – photography focused blog celebrating love, life and kisses
- Pinterest – Okay, I know it’s not a blog. But hands down, a great place to find inspiration and track your ideas! Man oh man, I so wish Pinterest was around when I was planning my wedding!
What are your favorite wedding blogs? Are there any new amazing sites that I am missing out on? Please do share! Good luck and happy wedding planning!