During the last weekend we unexpectedly jumped into another home project. I’ll give you a clue: it’s usually one of the hardest working rooms in the house, but the last room to receive some beauti-fying. Well, laundry room/utility room, it’s your lucky day! We worked all weekend to spruce up the space. Here’s a sneak peak photo to hold you over while to finish up the details. Photos and projects details coming soon!
It has been awhile since we tackled a bigger project so we got to dust off the tools and be giddy with project happiness. That brings me to the list: His & Her’s Top 10 Favorite Tools. These tools weren’t really dusty because we often use them for the big and small projects. They are the “favorite kids” in our classroom and worthy of our Top 10 list.
- Pencil & Tape Measure (multiple styles scattered throughout the house, garage and cars!
- Husky 6-in-1 Reversible Screwdriver
- Dewalt 12-Amp 10 in. Compound Miter Saw
- Dewalt 18-Volt Drill
- 12-Volt Cordless Rotary Tools
- Folding Step Stool
- Wooster Shortcut Brush
- Black & Decker Mini Screwdriver (sometimes the Dewalt is just too heavy)
- Mini tool box loaded with Ook hooks, 3M hooks, nails, hammer and level
- Sketchbook & Sharpie Pen to draw, doodle, record measurements and make lists. many, many lists.
Paul had a really hard time narrowing down his list. He really wanted to list 20 items for you, but I wouldn’t let him. My list took me about 3 minutes to compile, but easily could have extended that list. So many great things that are oh-so-helpful around the house. Even though we have close to 15 tape measures lying around the house, we usually cannot find one when we need it. *sigh* The favorite of my favorites is definitely the sketchbook and sharpie pen. I carry it with me everywhere I go and keep all my secrets doodles in it. Do you have a secret doodle sketchbook? What are your favorite household items and tools?